Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Parser rewrite completed

In June I started rewriting the parser because there were too many hacks in there. I've just finished: all the tests now pass, that were passing before that decision. Hurray!

It took about 4 months. I hoped it would be faster. Perhaps it could be, if I wasn't procrastinating so much. Now there's a lot less hacks as there's a much stronger support for syntactic hierarchy. Hopefully, adding each new test sentences won't take so long now. Although fixing the last several tests really took several weeks which isn't very promising :)

The plan now is to try to speedup things a little by not trying all the semantic alternatives after each and every word. And then to add new sentences. I have quite a few of them enqueued for parsing and translation.

No comments: